JOHN ROBB LISTS several trends (some stuff I'm already using) that we should expect to see in the mainstream in 2004.
- RSS 2.0 aggregators and feeds creating an information flow we will never keep up with. Robb should put topics on his postings to ensure he stays on top of the feed lists.
- Cameraphones everywhere.
- Guerrilla warfare--including suicide cars that could be seen in Dublin for May Day 2004.
- Political social software
- Personal hard drives. Mine's a Sony Clie PEG UX-50 with a gig of space.
- Smart plasma screens. Robb says to "watch for screens, TiVo like functionality, and more to take off."
- Second Superpower movements: All over the global map. Challenging nation-states and corporations everywhere. Powered by social technology.
- Professional virus developers. Watch 2004 to see where many of the world's most talented software developers are spending their time. This isn't for teenagers anymore. A virus with a professional development cycle is an amazing thing to watch.
- Skype and VoIP software. On a roll. Simple and effective.
John Robb -- "Booming Concepts"