EXAMINER -- More than 250,000 Irish people hold the ECDL and are helping reap annual benefits of over EUR 121m for the economy. That's the conclusion of the Itech Research report.
- At least 4400 people are employed full or part-time in providing ECDL courses.
- Of those who have received an ECDL qualification, 92,000 received the training at work.
- The Irish economy has received benefits of EUR 362m in the past six years.
- ECDL generates annual direct and indirect benefits to the economy valued at over EUR 121m.
- Employers of over 46,000 office workers enjoy EUR 62.3m in productivity savings.
Statistics from Dr Susan O'Donnell of Itech Research reported by Niall Murray in "ECDL produces EUR 121m in benefits" in The Irish Examiner, February 27, 2004.