MACROMEDIA -- Several white papers show how the Worldwide Web has evolved from a battleship gray experience to a rich and immersive one. But "flat to rich" is just one aspect of the changing Web.
- Read-only Web to Read-write Web.
- Viewed on PCs to viewed on many devices.
- It used to be that you found info. Now information finds you.
- The best stuff in the late 90s often came from small design shops. Now webdev is part of large enterprises.
- Before, high cost/long development. Now it's lower cost/rapid development with an identifiable ROI.
Heard while Steve Burnard presented a "Macromedia MX 2004 Seminar" in the National College of Ireland, June 28, 2004.