TIME -- The cover story from Time magazine deals with the future. The prognosticators offer up some interesting visions.
- Peter Schwartz sees talking ads, animated cereal boxes and self-updating newspapers. He rolled that vision into Minority Report.
- Sherry Lansing, the chairman of Paramount Pictures Group, sees a long life for SpongeBob SquarePants.
- Touchscreens will be replaced with interactive images projected on walls.
- Volvo is introducing a blind spot warning system for most of its 2005 models.
- In April 2005, Irish kitchen shops should begin selling antimicrobial countertops containing a germ-fighting property.
- The new fashion black will be aqua blue. It comes from the Aegean Sea.
Peter Schwartz -- The Art of the Long View