KILKENNY -- The URL with the most trustworthy information about Berlin is the Berlin wikipedia. I think it's worth considering the wiki's perspective about the top tourist attractions in Berlin because I've seen most of them and they're stunning.
From the wikipedia:
- The Brandenburg Gate and Unter den Linden, symbols of Berlin, Prussia, and now Germany. The Brandenburg Gate appears on German Euro coins.
- Reichstag building, the old and new seat of the German parliament, renovated by Sir Norman Foster. Features a glass dome in which you can walk around and watch the parlamentarians from above.
- Gendarmenmarkt, arguably the most beautiful square in Berlin surrounded by two famous cathedrals and the concert hall.
- Berlin victory column, monument to Prussia's victories.
- The Berliner Dom, a historic cathedral. A large crypt is home to the bodies of the Prussian royal family.
- Cathedral of St. Hedwig (St.-Hedwigs-Kathedrale)
- Nikolaiviertel with the Nikolaikirche a historical city core founded in the 13th century.
- The Neptunbrunnen, a famous fountain in Berlin Mitte.
- Tiergarten is Berlin's largest park and a masterpiece of park building. The Tiergarten was largely deforested by 1948 because it served as a source of firewood for the devastated city.