SHORTLY AFTER 1PM Irish time today, someone viewed the millionth page served from this blog. The viewer came looking for "iPod porn" because that's what at least 80 people do every day when they arrive on IrishEyes. The porn searcher is a little different from many others looking for that topic because across the internet, porn searches increase after sunset and this particular visitor arrived from the UK. Since a week after 9/11, the time I first started blogging, I've babbled about a lot of different things. That lack of focus has attracted a little more than 100 daily readers, some with Irishblogs. Most of the 2000 people landing here every day come for some odd thing buried under the long tail of 2825 posts that are on this website. I suspect this long tail of searching will continue for the life of my blog.
On the day the millionth visitor came looking, here are the top keywords attracting people to this blog:
- 5.37% want "ipod porn" or "pron"
- 0.96% want "microsoft photoshop"
- 1.56% want "dos emulator"
- 0.72% want "digital voice editor"
- 0.72% are looking for "ipod alternatives"
- 1.31% want "torrent search engine" or "bittorrent music"
- 1.77% need hacks for "motorola v710"
- 0.56% want something related to "rate me"
- 0.53% want to solve problems with "svchost.exe"
- 0.51% want a "DIY taser".
Although the XML feed for this site will remain the same, its name will change to "Inside View of Goldbach's Conjectures" before the end of 2005. I will explain the story behind that name in my first post of 2006.
Thanks a million for visiting.