I DON'T HAVE much experience with iPods since I have used only one in my life. For nearly two years, I have avoided the flat battery problem with my iPod. I know how to replace a battery in an iPod but I haven't had to replace mine. I haven't cracked the screen. I haven't dropped my iPod or splashed it with Guinness. The problem I have with my iPod is the 3.5 mm jack. I've used knock-off input jacks to pump the iPod sound into lecture halls and sometimes I had to force the jacks in and out. So I have created my own downfall--sound through my iPod drops in and out from left to right channel.
Note to self: never jam a lead into a 3.5 mm socket. It's not elastic for a reason.