IF CONNECTED CONVERSATIONS interest you, the agenda for Podcamp Ireland should provide some compelling reasons to spend Saturday, 29 September 2007, in Kilkenny, Ireland. If you listen to business podcasts, you already know that Neville Hobson will attend Podcamp Ireland. A small team has started organising the day-long event, offering basic and advanced coverage of promotion, production, publishing and hosting social media online. We have chosen Kilkenny for several reasons, not the least of which is its reputation for the greatest density of social opportunities per square metre when compared to any other city in Ireland. You can spot one of those social venues in the photo snapped on John's Bridge shown at left.
In accordance with Podcamp terms and conditions, Podcamp Ireland respects seven important operating principles.
1. All attendees will be treated equally. Registration is open to the public and restricted only by the size of the venue. In actuality, this means 80 people can be accommodated inside the main meeting space and the break-out rooms.
2. All content created in and around the event will be released under a Creative Commons license so if you want to attend but cannot make the day, you will find photos and digital recordings available on the internet that are made during Podcamp Ireland.
3. Attendees will be encouraged to lead sessions, speak on existing sessions, and contribute to the overall event experience. We have set in place an open speaking schedule, one that encourages spontaneous participation. This means the listing of speakers will not prohibit someone from speaking.
4. All sessions and events must be free of charge to attend. We cannot charge an entry fee to attend the event.
5. Sessions adhere to The Law of Two Feet. If people feel they need to move on and leave, that's fine.
6. The event focuses on new media, primarily podcasting, but discussions will trickle into blogging, Facebook, Twitter, Jaiku, and other social media.
7. The financials of PodCamp Ireland, including details about sponsorship money and how said funds were used, will be fully disclosed in an open ledger, to the PodCamp Foundation.
Neville Hobson -- "Speaking at Podcamp UK and Podcamp Ireland"
Krishna De -- "Podcamp Ireland. Neville Hobson is Joining Us."
Audio: Neville Hobson and Shel Holtz comment on Podcampt Ireland during FIR 261. [4.3 MB 96 kbps MP3 file].
Check this out: Podcamp Ireland back channel