FIGHTING A SERIOUS COLD and talking with a tongue fresh-bitten after an attack by molten cheese pizza, I offer a Qik look [32 MB 3GP file] at Irish Sunday newspapers. I start with mentioning the Auto Start-Stop technology in BMW's EfficientDynamics initiative. I don't ever buy a Sunday Independent and this week, there's no Sunday Observer, replaced for time constraints by the Boho wedding story carried yesterday in the Irish Examiner about Sabrina and John. A few commercial inserts for the Sonos wireless, multi-room digital music system drop out in our paper round. That's the system we favour when configuring our home for streaming internet radio services. We spotted a mention of the Golden Spiders Awards in the papers but subordinate that programme to the Irish Web Awards or to the Net Visionary Awards, the pre-eminent business awards programme for connected Ireland.
Below the hash are references cited in today's Qik look at the Irish Sunday newspapers.
0. BMW Efficient Dynamics. Another BMW idea.
1. Annmarie O'Connor -- "Breaking with tradition" is the feature story in the Weekend supplement to the Irish Examiner, 13 September 2008.
2. For a colour spread on Boho fashion, check out the Style magazine inside the Sunday Times, 14 September 2008.
3. Sarah O'Sullivan -- "University students hit by services stealth tax" on the front page of The Sunday Times, 14 September 2008.
4. Tom Lyons -- "Now you see it" in The Sunday Times, 14 September 2008.
5. Ron Suskind -- "Blown Away. And it's all Bush's Fault" in The Sunday Times, 14 September 2008.
6. Gabrielle Monaghan -- "Fear factor hits home workers" in the appointments section of The Sunday Times, 14 September 2008.
7. Michael Sheridan -- "Cut-price China all sold out?" in the business section of The Sunday Times, 14 September 2008.
8. Aine Coffey -- "Daft pays silly money" in the business section of The Sunday Times, 14 September 2080.
9. Mark Hilliard -- "Green invention the government failed to back" in the Sunday Tribune, 14 September 2008.
10. John Downes -- "Irish teens weave web of hatred on Bebo site" in the Sunday Tribune, 14 September 2008.
11. Una Mullally -- "We don't have the time so we're happy to poke" in the Sunday Tribune magazine, 14 September 2008.
12.Ed Catmull -- "How Pixar Fosters Creativty" in the Harvard Business Review, September 2008.
13. John Burke -- "The all-seeing eye" in The Sunday Business Post Agenda magazine, 14 September 2008.
14. Dick O'Brien -- "More deals on the way for NewBay" in the Sunday Business Post technology section, 14 September 2008.
15. Cillian Barry -- "How the net can snare voters for Obama" in the Media & Marketing section of The Sunday Business Post, 14 September 2008.
16. Elaine O'Regan -- "Dublin firm wins €5m BBC animation deal" in the Done Deal section of The Sunday Business Post, 14 September 2008.
17. Adrian Weckler -- "Make yourself heard with Dragon speech-recognition tool" in YourTech inside The Sunday Business Post, 14 September 2008.
18. Adrian Weckler -- "Moving broadband into the fast lane" in Reality Bytes inside The Sunday Business Post, 14 September 2008.
Last Month: "Inside Irish Sunday Papers"
Previously: "Wet Irish Sunday Papers"