A FEW HOURS AFTER the last bloggers left the Mulley Conference Room in the Cork Airport Hotel, I used a side table to record a Qik video clip while paging through the Sunday papers. When back home, I can get four or five Sunday papers but the options close to the Cork Airport Hotel are more limited. As expected, mainstream journalists continue covering the meltdown of the Irish banking sector, something that affects the Irish government since it has nationalised one bank and offered to recapitalise several others. The toxic debts accrued on the heels of an inflated property market complicated by developers unable to pay current or long-term debt. It's a point made by David McWilliams during the past two years and he returns to that message today  and it forms part of today's Qik clip. The global recession offers oportunities, explains the SBP. The evidence lies in Subway and McDonald's expansions  along growth in media monitoring  and Facebook. In other news, telecoms disruptor Pat Phelan explains how Maxroam can cut telephone expenses while roaming and Adrian Weckler explains how Ryanair's on-board mobile phone service will take more money over mobile phones than a well-oiled sex chat service.
Direct link to the video: http://qik.com/video/1093984
1. Adrian Weckler --"Music-swapping sites to be blocked by internet providers" on the front page of the Sunday Business Post, 22 Feb 09.
2. Gavin Daly -- "Intel job cuts slip in under the radar" in the Multinationals section of the SBP, 22 Feb 09.
3. Dick O'Brien -- "Online service launched by media monitoring firm" in the Technology section of the SBP.
4. Gavin Daly -- "Hard times take a toll on US Multinationals" in a special SBP section, 22 Feb 09.
5. Catherine O'Mahony -- "Super-sizing profits" in the Media & Marketing section of the SBP, 22 Feb 09.
6. Catherine O'Mahony -- "Making money only takes a little Twitter" in th M&M section of the SBP, 22 Feb 09.
7. Adrian Weckler -- "Ryanair service is wired to the moon" in YourTech, SBP, 22 Feb 09.
8. Caroline Allen -- "Expansion is on the cards for mobile roaming firm" in the New Business section of the SBP, 22 Feb 09.
9. David McWilliams -- "My plan to save the country" in the Comment section, SBP, 22 Feb 09.