The panic is caused by pocket lint that burrows into the small slot where the micro-USB tongue should fit. With lint in the way, I cannot recharge the phone. This is more of a problem than getting the phone's glass scratched by keys in my pocket. I have several solutions. I could clean all paper from my pockets prior to washing my pants. That's not going to happen--why have a washing machine if you have to do any work? The easier solution for me is to carry a small needle in one of my cable bags. Then all I have to do is squint, tap and remove the irritating pocket lint. Sorted!