I HAVE STARTED writing inside Scrivener because I want to save time and Scrivener's MultiMarkdown helps me avoid problems that might occur when publishing to different formats. So I've updated the program on my time-tested Windows laptop.
The update resulted in tweaks to the colour chips and text alignment in the Label and Status menus with more consistent displays of "No Status" and "No Label" in the outliner. There are also a few other changes to outliner options and they look nice.
I've discovered the update might cause a minor issue with Scrivener when I log onto local ethernet with a different Windows user name but expect to figure out a work-around for that.
I've started pushing Scrivener and can now crash it when importing script settings or when trying to run a bogus script. I can also get Scrivener to burp and refuse to compile if I'm not careful with complex files or unsupported file formats.
I hope to start sharing Scrivener projects between Windows and Mac next semester and expect the production process to be fraught with learning how to preclude errors in compilation. There are plenty of bugs flying around when people start zipping, unpacking and automatically archiving into Dropbox. I want footnotes inside inline notations for some work and that's been a problem for me in the standalone Scrivener installation I run on Windows 7.
As always, I'll share our observations as our creative multimedia students jump into their project work with Scrivener.