I HAVE DISCOVERED how easy it is to make 30-second stories come to life instantly with Lumia Storyteller, an app running on our Windows Phones. I embedded our Tipperary Morning Commute below with notes after the break.
I use both a Lumia 1020 (the one that recorded the commute) and a Lumia 1520 (the handset that captured living images about Hess Trucks).
Notes for Youth Media Team
1. Plan your narrative before you start. You will be producing a 30 second package and that means your narrative should have a focus--or it should connect into a related 30-second narrative.
2. It helps to know the emphasis you want to place and to make that photo your final shot.
3. Don't plan to use more than 20 shots. Viewers may appreciate getting more than one perspective of the items you snap.
3. Try to include a media text reference to the place, event and people who appear on screen.
4. Save your work into OneDrive where the back room team will review your production and upload it to the appropriate channel.
5. Keep a production log that details the subject material of each story you upload into the shared OneDrive space. Be ready to compare production notes with your Youth Media Team colleagues at the end of the event.