Image snapped by Bernie Goldbach under the YMTfm gazebo during Feilte.
DURING A SHORT carcast with Pam O'Brien, I recapped some of the notes taken while working with Ireland's Youth Media Team on Saturday during the Feilte Conference.
Listen to "Debriefing after covering Féilte" on Spreaker.
We covered 10 main points.
1. Venue management was superb the night before because Pam and her crew quickly erected the YMTfm gazebo. We encountered a WiFi snag on the day of the event that we were able to surmount.
2. Bernie likes the idea of using a meeting room the day before the event to make placeholders on the YMTfm blog.
3. Tick-off lists proved their merit but participants favour low tech checklists.
4. We should send a Happy Note to the Teaching Council of Ireland, complete with stats related to readership and listenership. There is a data anamoly concerning audio playbacks that needs to be recognised and corrected.
5. Parents cross-checked written content, syndication, and audio levels by clicking links on blog posts and listening to interviews.
6. Automatic back-up of imagery is a good idea, using the team's iPad Minis.
7. Hassan's Dump File enhanced the collection of material during the fast-paced day.
8. We need to migrate content from Audioboom into Spreaker.
9. We should produce a few Facebook posts to enhance the reach of the YMTfm team.
10. Wrap-up posts like this are important parts of continuity.
[Conor Galvin, Bernie Goldbach, and Pam O'Brien helped create the Youth Media Team. Hassan Dabbagh is providing excellent support and creativity as YMT.fm moves forward.]