STARTING WITH A GITHUB GIST, we're trying to see if a simple embed code causes content edited on a desktop to magically appear on a blog page. It works! If you click the image, you get my current podcast subscriptions--I'm leaving them on Github.
Since the Github Gist appears in Markdown (and it doesn't use word wrap), I'll explain what I've written below the break. When reviewing this blog post, I realised I have to change some of the landing destinations to better suit the project.
The basic essence is we are trying to connect young people in two different primary schools to family stories they may be able to create with their grandparents. The stories should link to Clonmel Irishtown.
GOAL: Clever Workflow through Collaboration
"In cooperative learning, you have a purposeful, meaningful, and authentic context. Primary and secondary school students can sharpen their communicative skills," says Lilian Katz.
We are partnering with the following:
- Clonmel Borough Manager Michael Moroney
- South Tipperary Arts Centre, Clonmel, Co Tipperary, Ireland
- Sixth Class students in Presentation Primary School, Clonmel, Co Tipperary, Ireland.
- Sixth Class students in St Mary's Primary School, Clonmel, Co Tipperary, Ireland.
- Creative Media students on the Clonmel Digital Campus of the Limerick School of Art & Design.
- Tipperary Museum
- Tipperary Live
- Clonmel Library
This project enhances digital literacies.
Common Identifier is "Clonmel Artifacts"
- Items should be uploaded with Creative Commons Licenses.
- Shared spaces should be ready for really simple syndication (RSS).
- Superuser @topgold has passwords. Topgold is funding the commercial services that support this project.
- Superuser Jayne Sutcliffe curates the exhibition display.
- Superuser Eimear King is host of the South Tipperary Arts Podcast.
- Superuser Mairead Conway
- Superuser @JohnTierney_ provides professional assistance leveraged from past community projects.
Helpful Apps and Services
- Trello: participants need to set up Trello accounts and then use the tick-off lists inside the project.
- e-mail: participants should have a Gmail account.
- Flickr: Use the Flickr app to upload high res images and short HD video.
- Spreaker Studio: for excellent control of mobile audio recording.
Short Description of Apps and Services
Each of these apps have been extended by paid superuser access.
- Trello: used for tick-off lists and project tracking.
- Flickr: used to upload high res images and short HD video. - Substack: email client used to share tips that improve story development. - Spreaker Studio: when recording in-hand. - Magisto: uses AI to create clips found on handset and uploaded to cloud.
- Zoom.us: if recording with a remote audience.
- Zapier: performs specialised services in the background.
- OneDrive: where curated images, video, and audio will be stored using Live.ie with @topgold and Sharepoint services with Tipperary Museum.
- Medium: fortnightly public blog to feed local news channels.
- Mention: discovery tool used by web analysts on Clonmel Digital Campus.
These shared spaces should be accessible while inside of campus and office buildings.