I'm listening to Daniel Schimpke while trying to reduce my tool stack for my Personal Knowledge Management setup. The goal is to make it simple and create value for my own content creation. Here are some things I'm reviewing while planning to build a second brain.
- Using @readwiseio while reading anything on paper a paper book so I can digitise at source instead of adding to my stash. Readwise will give me quotes on a daily basis, helping me remember things that have real value.
- Capture. Organise. Distill. Express.
- PARA: Projects. Areas. Resources. Archives.
- I must tame my downloads folder. It is the primary source of information bloatage.
- Groom notes so they make sense to my daughter in 20 years time.
- Prefix the notes you add to a page with a full stop because that triggers @Readwiseio to inject a tag to the note.
- Visit my archives because when they are dusted off in regular intervals, they uncover truly actionable messages.
- Share part of your flow with members of a small group. I call my special group 4C.
- In the morning, I ask myself what was the top takeaway of the previous day. I'm restarting this process as part of my Topgold Audio Clips.
Editor's Note: I've been working at this second brain initiative for more than 1m page views of my blog.
[Bernie Goldbach teaches creative media for business on the Clonmel Digital Campus.]