CLONMEL HOTSPOT -- The daffodils are starting to open and Ash Wednesday is right around the corner. The confluence of the two means St Patrick's Day is about to hit and there's no better place to be hit with St. Patrick's Day than in Ireland. I'm dusting off my parade photos and resurrecting my pictures of spectacular fireworks displays in hopes of enticing some friends to spend the week-long party that comes hand-in-glove with St Patrick's Day in Ireland. Several multimedia degree students offered their reflections on spending St Patrick's Day in Ireland.
Yahoo -- "St Patrick's Day in Ireland" (#2 of 1250 results)
- Aisling Crowe
- Dave Maher
- Debbie Ryan
- Ian Burke
- James Byrne
- Lucy Gleeson
- Mark Hickey
- Mel Morton
- Patrick Lonergan
- Paud Gleeson
- Sean Barry
- Simon Curran
- Steffen Coonan
- Aidan Doyle: "piss-up"
- Caterina Foley: "socialising"
- Chris O'Flaherty: "drown the shamrock"
- Darren Fennessy: "sometimes raining"
- David Whelan: "social gathering"
- Dearbhaile Shine: "parades and people"
- Ian Mannion: "pagan hedonism"
- John Duggan: "going to a parade"
- Peter Cahill: "snakes and bad culture"
- Shane Keogh: "majorettes and funny hats"