Two full pages in the Sunday Business Post cover entrepreneurship, with items about the Limerick Enterprise Acceleration Programme in Limerick, DIT's Hothouse, Invent DCU, the Innovation in Business Centres at GMIT, and advertisements from other areas of Ireland. The most colourful advertisement is one paid through EU Structural Funds and it's from the County and City Enterprise Boards.
I think the challenge for pulling up Irland needs to be placed at the feet of the citizenry. Everyone needs to look at ways of doing things more productively. Part of the solution is in upskilling. But that could take time and money and neither of them are coming from the government.
I like Adrian Weckler's take on the HTC HD3, the best Windows Mobile phone on the market, but think he needs to give Google Buzz at least a week of use before he writes it off as having little functionality. I spotted several interesting technology items in my Qik clip, including a way around high DVD costs (it's called DVD Fab 6), Eircom refusing to terminate customers who are accused of downloading files, and the hacker theory behind the compromise of Boards. ie.
1. David Clerkin -- "Ireland named in group posing 'real risk' to euro future" is the lead story of the Sunday Business Post, 14 Feb 10.
2. David Smith, Economics Editor -- "Why Euro's Woes Should Scare Us All" is the two-page Focus item in the Sunday Times, 14 Feb 10.
3. Adrian Weckler -- "Appy Days for a Galway Software Developer" in the News section of the Sunday Business Post, 14 Feb 10.
4. Ian Kehoe -- "Ireland needs to think local" on the Comment & Analysis page of the Sunday Business Post, 14 Feb 10.
5. Jenny Hauser -- "Stability increases opportunities in ICT" in the Jobs Market section of the Sunday Business Post, 14 Feb 10.
6. Michael Sheridan -- Hot txt: teen's racy mobile novel is a hit" in the World News section of the Sunday Times, 14 Feb 10. It's a story about keitai shosetsu.
7. Justine McCarthy -- "O'Dea in Dail battle over lie" is the lead story of the Sunday Times, 14 Feb 10.
Direct link to Qik clip: http://qik.com/video/4917278
One Year Ago: "Twitter Mosaic"